Monday, January 23, 2012

Handmade Liquid Laundry Soap

New project: Liquid Laundry Soap!

Ok so I usually make powder laundry soap but I'm getting bored with the powder! So liquid it is! I use mostly cold water and I notice that the powder was not desolving like it should have been So now we giving liquid a try!

This is the same recipe I use for powder just have to melt the soap shreds and then the borax and washing powder in hot water.

Recipe
2.5 c soap shreds (Old soap scraps)
1/2 c Borax
1/2 c A&J Washing powder
4 cups of water
1 gal + 6 cups of hot water add to 2 gal bucket

Ok so first I added the soap shreds to 4 cups of water in a large sauce or kettle pot. Then heated it until the soap desolved add the borax and washing powder and let the desolved too. Add all that to the 2 gallon bucket of water and stir and cover for 24 hrs. It will be kinda of like a thin gel.

No comments:

Post a Comment